- Information for foreign students
- General Information
- Programs for foreign students
- Exchange programs
- Invitations for participation in conferences
Today the faculty carries out the training on several programs:
- Bachelor's program - 4-year study, Bachelor of Sociology;
- Master's program - 2-year study;
- Post-graduate programs - 3 year study, different qualifications;
Faculty of Sociology is a separate building on the southern-eastern side of the MSU campus which has 35 rooms, all with appropriate technical equipment, including computers/laptops with access to Microsoft Office and Internet, data projectors, microphones and loud speakers in larger rooms (see photos below). Wireless internet access is available in the building. Faculty computers have full access to all the main on-line scientific bases of electronic texts, including JSTOR, Springer, Annual Reviews, Cambridge University Press, Oxford University Press, SAGE Publications, Taylor and Francis and many more.
Students of the faculty have access to the whole University campus on Leninskie hills – one of the biggest campuses in Europe. There are multiple libraries, concert halls, sport facilities, stadiums (football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, tennis courts), cafes and restaurants available to students. Campus is easily reached by public transport and has a contemporary system of cycling tracks, linked to neighboring Moscow districts.
More than 2000 students study annually at the Faculty of Sociology, about 150 post-graduates, more than 300 foreign students from all over the world, including Western and Central Europe and Asian Pacific. From 1990 to 2015 more than 800 foreign students graduated from the faculty and 60 postgraduates have defended their candidate and doctoral theses. Many of them hold important executive positions in industry, private enterprises, think tanks, government structures.
More than 100 staff professors, senior lecturers, lecturers and researchers work at 11 chairs and research laboratory:
- Contemporary Sociology
- History and Theory of Sociology
- Sociological Research Methodology
- Economic Sociology and Marketing
- Sociology of Organisations and Management
- Political Science and Sociology of Politics
- Sociology of International Relations
- Sociology of Family
- Sociology of Communication
- Sociology of Public Administration
- Social Technologies
- Laboratory of Educational Technologies
The faculty staff is always ready to help our foreign students and colleagues. The main tasks are to:
- Provide our foreign students with all necessary assistance to enroll, study and graduate successfully from our faculty.
- Elaborate the best educational programs to meet the needs of students and requirements of modern world in sociology.
- Inform the student body about the different exchange programs.
- Manage the various exchange programs, establishing bilateral agreements with foreign universities, with the goal of increasing the number of possible destinations.
- Encourage the participation of students and teachers in the exchange programs.
- Facilitate the integration of visiting students, as well as the departure of our students.
- Organize short-term educational programs for current students to acquire the culture of different countries (Great Britain, Germany, France, Holland) during their holidays.
Address of faculty: 119234, Russian Federation, Moscow, Leninsky Gory 1-33, MGU, Faculty of Sociology.
Telephone: +7-(495) 939 5544
Fax: +7-(495) 939 4698
- In our offices, Monday - Friday, from 10:00 am to 18:00 pm.
- On our website: www.socio.msu.ru 24 hours a day.
- Sociology of Personality
- Social Technologies for Modern Management
- Sociology of Political Management
- Communicative Space of Modern Megalopolis
- Modern Social Research Methods
- Basic component — modern problems of sociology, history and methodology of sociology, information technologies in science and education, modern sociological theories and schools, methodology of social inquiry, methods of sociological research, modeling and forecasting in sociological research.
- Special disciplines — region as an object of socio-economic analysis, actual problems of personnel management, methods of business negotiations, marketing in business undertaking, identification in world politics, negotiations as method of solving international problems, innovative management, strategic management, organizational behavior, international marketing, brand management, project management, research of management systems, management consulting, financial management.
- Sociological Sciences
2. Economic Sociology and Demography
3. Social Structure, Social Institutions and Process
4. Sociology of Culture and Spiritual Life
5. Sociology of Administration
6. Political Sociology
- Political Sciences
- Copy of your passport's every page (on e-mail you can send the page with your passport).
- The document about the previous education (the certificate or the diploma).
- The expertise of Russian Federation Ministry of Education of the document about the previous education stating that your education allows you to enroll higher university.
- Four photos.
- The medical information. Form № 086 should be received at MSU Medical Center upon your arrival.
- The level of Russian shouldn't be lower that First Certificate Level. Students can study Russian language in The Center of the International Education at MSU which settles down in Russia, Moscow, Krgiganovskogo street 24/35, building 1. www.cie.ru
- If you have all these papers you will need the invitation of Moscow State University to apply for a visa. More information about that you will find in extract about invitations.